The purpose of this course is to provide a review of the causes and incidence of HIV/AIDS in Florida and the United States, managing possible co-infections of HIV, tests for HIV, modes of transmission for HIV, clinical management of HIV/AIDS, recognizing HIV/AIDS-associated psychosocial issues, and Florida law governing HIV/AIDS testing and disclosure.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Discuss the causes of HIV/AIDS and its incidence in the United States and in Florida.
• List possible co-infections and explain their management.
• Describe modes of transmission for HIV.
• Outline the issues and practical steps in HIV/AIDS prevention.
• Name commonly used tests for HIV/AIDS.
• Explain the clinical management of HIV/AIDS.
• List common psychosocial issues associated with HIV infection.
• Summarize the basic components of the Florida Omnibus AIDS Act.